Optimis is instructed to act as joint agent in the disposal of land at Oakwell Park, Bidwell, after we received full planning permission to develop the site for residential development.
Oakwell Park extends to 16.75 acres and comprises Oakwell House, a Grade II listed building, set within an extensive garden, including a large wooded area. The woodland is Ancient and comprises a County Wildlife Site and a Scheduled Ancient Monument, providing a beautiful setting to the proposed development.
During the planning process Optimis advised on the product mix and land uses to maximise the development area. A full planning application for 48 residential dwellings and the retention of the original house has been granted planning permission, subject to a section 106 agreement. The disposal strategy has been agreed with the landowner and unconditional offers are now being sought for the purchase of the site as a whole or alternatively as two individual lots.
Lot 1 comprises of 14.75 acres including approx. 8 acres of retained woodland and includes the consent for 48 dwellings. The lot fronts onto Thorn Road, and the original treelined boulevard has been retained as a pedestrian access. Public footpaths run alongside the site offering pedestrian access to the surrounding area.
Lot 2 is approx. 2 acres and surrounded by Lot 1. It comprises of the Grade II listed Oakwell House, along with associated parking and amenity space. Pre-application advice has been sought for the conversion of Oakwell House into a number of private apartments as well as a heritage centre on the ground floor, and in principle this is well supported by local ward members as well as officers. Please contact Charlotte Self – email@example.com) for further details.
The following steps were undertaken as part of the process: –
• Worked to maximise the land’s value and deliverability
• Worked on behalf of landowner throughout the planning process
• Secured full application for 48 residential units
• Achieved a positive pre-application for the redevelopment of the house
• Disposal strategy developed and agreed with the landowner
• Acted as a joint agent to sell the site
• Sought offers from a select group of reputable developers and housebuilders
• Advised on terms of an offer
• 16.75 acre site
• Local Authority: Central Bedfordshire District Council
• Client: Local Developer