Optimis was instructed by a client to identify and acquire land suitable for strategic promotion, act as a development consultant throughout the planning process, and act as the agent in the disposal of the land.
Optimis made first contact with the landowners and their representatives, put the offer of a Promotion Agreement to them, negotiated terms and advised during contractual negotiations with solicitors to the point of exchange. During the promotion process Optimis advised on market values, product mix and land uses within the development area. An outline planning application has been submitted for residential, a surgery, and a convenience store. The disposal strategy has been agreed with the landowner and an offer has been accepted for the convenience store provision of the site.
• Made initial contact with landowner and their agents
• Advised on terms of offer
• Negotiated terms with landowner’s agent
• Advised on market values, product mix, and land use mix
• Secured an access to the site from neighbouring land
• Sought offers from a select group of reputable developers and housebuilders
• Reviewed bids and identified the best offer, both in commercial terms and deliverability
• Negotiated with purchaser on landowners’ behalf.
• Worked with solicitors throughout contractual negotiations
• Continue to work on behalf of landowners throughout the planning process
• Acting for developer in acquisition, promotion and disposal of land.
• 11.5-acre greenfield site
• Local Authority: Aylesbury Vale District Council
• Client: Local Developer
• Outline application submitted for: 101 residential units, village surgery, convenience store
• Disposal strategy developed and agreed with the landowner and their representatives
• Offer accepted for convenience store parcel